IMT Atlantique offers a unique opportunity for University of Adelaide students to experience cutting-edge educational experiences, industry visits and french culture. Based in Brest on the western coast of France, participants will have the opportunity to visit the city and surrounds during cultural visits and participate in social activities with French and international students. Further information regarding the program can be found on the Wasaa Academy Summer School website.
Students with an interest in the naval industry are particularly encouraged to apply, the host IMT Atlantique, is one of the top ranked French Engineering institutes with a particular focus on marine applications.
This program runs from 13 January to 31 January, 2020.
Successful students will receive pre-departure information and academic support to ensure the trip aligns with their academic and career aspirations.
Program Costs and Financial Assistance
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences have committed to provide funding support to the value of €2000 for each successful ECMS applicant.
Students will enrol into, and pay tuition for, the appropriate exchange course at the University of Adelaide as advised by their academic Faculty. Please note that students will be liable for the appropriate tuition/HECS payments at the University of Adelaide. The €1500 IMT Atlantique program fee will be waived as part of the exchange agreement with the University of Adelaide.
Students will need to cover their own airfares, accommodation, and general living expenses noting successful applicants will receive funding that covers most program expenses. Students are advised to book flights only when Faculty approval has been confirmed and formal acceptance from IMT Atlantique has been received. Comprehensive travel insurance is provided free of charge by the University of Adelaide for students receiving credit for this program.
Eligible students may access up to AU$6,791 from an OS-HELP loan. Please review the Study Overseas website to check your eligibility to receive OS-HELP and how to apply. Please note that OS-HELP loans can only be processed once students have submitted their loan application forms and have met all eligibility requirements. Once processed, it can take 3-4 weeks for students to receive the funding.
Undergraduate students entering their final year of study in the following programs are especially encouraged to apply:
- Engineering (Electrical and Electronic, Software, Mechanical)
- Computer Science (Bachelor and Honours year students)
Selection will be based upon:
Credit and Enrolment
- Responses to the Expression of Interest application.
- GPA and year of study
- Degree requirements and ability to receive credit
- Your availability and ability to travel to France for 3 weeks
Students will enrol in the appropriate University of Adelaide course as advised by their academic Faculty. It is at the discretion of their Faculty what academic credit each student is eligible to receive.
Application and Deadlines
1. Students must submit their initial Expression of Interest to Study Overseas by clicking 'Apply Now' by 5 October 2019.
2. Students will need to complete an online expression of interest and upload a copy of their current CV.
3. Expressions of Interest will undergo a selection process by the student’s Faculty.
4. Selected students will be nominated to IMT Atlantique after they have received formal approval for credit recognition in their GLAS application.
4. After being nominated, students will be required to complete a subsequent application to IMT Atlantique. Further information about this will be provided following nomination.
Students are advised to book flights only when Faculty approval has been confirmed and formal acceptance from IMT Atlantique has been received.
For more information about the IMT Atlantique program, including academic and program content, please contact Dr. Kathryn Amos - ECMS Associate Dean (Future Students) or Dr Anna Ma-Wyatt - Associate Professor School of Psychology.
For information about applications and administration, please contact Study Overseas.